In the winter of 1910-1911, while conducting a great revival meeting Rev. O. L. Ferguson was contacted to conduct a revival in Circleville...Rev. Ferguson agreed, and the second floor over the Circleville Oil Company on West Mound Street was used for the revival.
God blessed that revival mightily. The meeting held to organize First Church took place on February 21, 1911, in the home of John Arledge of Circleville. Plans were made to raise money to purchase a lot and to build a church. The building on Ohio Street was completed several months later, with a fair share of work being performed by the ladies, who helped carry lumber and nail lathe on the building.
The first revival was held in our church building on December 1911. During this revival, 60 more names were added to the membership list. For the first 32 years, Rev. O. L. Ferguson pastored this church. The large stained-glass window on the front of the church is dedicated in his memory.
We are very appreciative of the people in the past and those of the present who have made and are still making Circleville First Church the church God wants us to be. For over 100 years, God has used our church to reach the people of Pickaway County.